Are you a problem solver within your team or organization? Do you often come with innovative solutions for any business problems that come across? Do you think you can improve the existing business processes using UiPath?
UiPath Community opens the playground to bring together automation enthusiasts, innovators, RPA developers, analysts, testers to showcase your Digital Automation skills and innovations on a global stage. Identify any business problems that you believe can be solved with UiPath and register yourself/team with your solution to that problem using any of the categories mentioned below.
📌 Category 1: UiPath Apps
UiPath Apps is a web-based, drag-and-drop business application studio that enables RPA Developers to build and deploy `enterprise-grade applications that deliver rich and engaging end-user experiences.
Challenge 1: We challenge you to automate any of your business processes with UiPath Apps using either/or both of Data Service & Process.
If you are planning to use Apps prominently, you should build:
- An interface on top of attended/unattended process
- A modern app that replaces and streamlines existing legacy work/systems with a combination of Data Service as backend and Apps as frontend system.
- A single interface layer which hides the complexity of multiple underlying systems.
- Consider scenarios leveraging the new Integration Service functionality (in preview)
If you are planning to use Data Service prominently, a good sample solution would be:
- To show how Data Service can reduce the number of variables that are needed to work within Studio and allow rich inter-workflow scenarios
- Store, manage, and integrate data in automation solutions using Data Service instead of local files or file shares or SharePoint.
- To show how Data Service can act as single source of truth (data integrity) when supporting multiple (two or more) processes and apps.
📌 Category 2: Test Automation
Test automation is the process of automating testing, saving time and resources, and ensuring quality. It's a vital part of software development and testing. Join Test Automation category using UiPath Test Suite, where you can showcase your skillset in test automation, design, quality assurance, and more!
This category is for anyone who loves Quality Assurance and testing. We want to see your best work!
UiPath Test Suite has 4 key themes:
- Strong RPA Foundation – UiPath brings its RPA core capabilities to the application testing world
- Open Architecture – UiPath Test Suite integrates with a variety of Test Management and CI/CD tools natively, but also has an API for both Test Manager and Orchestrator allowing users to build their own integrations
- Interoperability – UiPath can interact with all types of applications from SAP to Mainframe to Citrix environments
- Platform Integrations – in addition to the 4 key components (Test Manager, Studio, Orchestrator, Test Robots), UiPath Test Suite currently seamlessly integrates with Task Capture and Data Service.
Challenge 2: Your Hackathon project should tie to one or more of the UiPath Test Suite key themes.
Click here to view some sample ideas. (You can apply with solutions beyond the sample ideas we well)
📌 Category 3: General (Use at least 2)
We challenge you to use at least 2 of the following tools to build your solution to solve a relevant business problem. It can be an out-of-the-box automation designed to benefit every employee at your organization or a unique personal assistant/automation.
You'll develop end-to-end solutions that stretch the boundaries of how the UiPath platform is leveraged to solve real-world, impactful challenges. You can also use UiPath partner technologies to supplement your automation ideas, e.g. Chatbots, APIs etc.
*In case you do not have access to UiPath Task Mining & AI Center, please request enterprise trial.
👩💻👨💻 Who can participate?
- RPA Professionals
- Student software developers
- Anyone with ideas and automation skills
❌ Who cannot Participate:
Individuals/Teams who are winners of two or more previous editions of HyperHack/UiPath Community Sponsored Hackathons cannot participate in this edition. Although all the past winners are encouraged to participate as mentors.
👩🏫👨🏫 To join HyperHack 2022 as mentors, please 👉 Register Here
🛠 How to Participate:
- Check Rules & Regulations below
- Register on or before August 12, 2022
- Design your solution as per judging criteria to gain maximum points
- Submit the solution on or before August 19, 2022
🏆 Prizes vouchers in each category:
- 1st Place - $3,000
- 2nd Place - $2,000
- 3rd Place - $1,000
- Swag for all finalists
📅 Key Dates:
- July 11 - Registrations Open
- August 12 - Last date for registration for the hackathon
- August 19 - Last date for submitting a functional demo of your idea/solution
- August 30 - Selected teams/Finalists to be notified
- September 6 - Final Jury Round
- TBA - Winners will be announced
👨🎓 Judging Criteria:
- Impact 25% - We want to understand the value that your idea will bring to society or the specific organization. Is it far-reaching, does it help a particular organization already, or do they expect to see changes in how they do their work in the coming months? Get inspired by the fantastic community award solutions
- Concept 20% - We’ll evaluate your idea to see if it is disruptive or innovative while adding value to enterprise business
- Technology 25% – We'll evaluate your solution on how effectively and efficiently you've used UiPath products and if you've integrated those with the ecosystem of other technologies.
- Completion 20% - How complete is the solution? Have you delivered what you wanted to?
- Presentation 10% - We will assess how well articulated your solution is and if your presentation is precise.
Note: You need to be realistic about what can be accomplished in the time frame.
🖋 Rules and Regulations:
- The solution that you're submitting must not be available as a solution or component on the UiPath Marketplace Winner section of previous UiPath Hackathons or presented in current UiPath Sponsored Hackathons (However, you may extend an existing solution, for example, a connector for Salesforce but with enhanced functionalities beyond the connector already available in the Marketplace.)
- You can join as an individual or in teams of a maximum of 4 people. When submitting, only one of you will submit the final projects to be assessed.
- Everyone in the team needs to register separately to the hackathon.
- You can submit more than one solution as a participant or team.
Read full T&C
📩 Submission Guidelines:
The submission deadline is August 19, 2022. If you're submitting as a team rather than as an individual, you only need to fill in one submission form per team. The entire idea needs to be fully functional so the judges can review it. Your Submission must include the following list and avoid rejection.
- PDD (Process Design Document)/Solution Diagram [Recommended Using Task Capture]
- Project Files / Workflow
- Presentation (no longer than ten slides) - Use this 2022 HyperHack presentation template. [Download a copy of the template to build your presentation]
- Solution Video (no longer than 5 minutes)
- Additional Scripts (if applicable)
Submit Project here: https://forms.office.com/r/11yjHSz1Qj [Submission form will be disabled on close on 19th August 11.59pm PST]
We are offering an opportunity for all participants to interact with industry experts and past hackathon winners to guide you on your solution viability and fine tune your documentation and presentation.
Do you seek mentorship? <Join here> [Mentorship will be open only after your complete your Hackathon registration. You will be matched to a mentor based on the Category you have chosen]
Become a 2022 HyperHack mentor? <Join here>
What will you do as a mentor?
- Choose your preferred category out of [General, UiPath Apps, UiPath Test Automation]
- Be active on the mentorship platform and guide teams reaching out to you with their solutions & Submissions.
- Participate in Office hours to guide participants with their queries.
Note: Once you apply to be a mentor, you will not be able to participate in this hackathon.
Want some inspiration from our past winners?
Checkout the award-winning solutions from our previous editions of HyperHack winners:
We look forward to seeing your ideas in action!!! Register and show us your best!!
For any queries, please write to us on Hyperhack 2022 UiPath Forum Thread !!!