In the new automation era, the RPA technology is combined with AI in order to extend the current Robots capabilities. One of the AI areas, object detection, is extensively used in fields such as security, logistics, robotics or autonomous driving. However, it is still not a popular topic within the RPA environment.
In this virtual meetup we introduce a real-world automation use case for object detection. Then, we explore and test the existing object detection solutions in UiPath: Amazon Rekognition, Google Vision and Microsoft Vision, and the built-in object detection skill from AI Center. The goal is to investigate both current capabilities and existing limitations. Finally, we look into Neurolabs' object detection technology in order to understand how it differs from the existing ones.
For all solutions, we will check both the Vendors' platform and their integration with UiPath by creating a test workflow.
At the end of this virtual meetup, you will:
- Be familiar with the main object detection solutions available in UiPath
- Know which solution best fits your project's needs
- Be able to integrate an object detector into your UiPath workflows
- See real use-cases where object detection can be used
- Be able to create an object detector by using Neurolabs' Platform
Romania-born Neurolabs is the start-up category winner at the UiPath Automation Awards CEE & Turkey 2020 . A team with backgrounds in computer science and mathematics got together in 2018 and created a unique artificial intelligence (AI) object recognition solution. It uses computer vision and deep learning to generate data to accurately recognize objects, enabling companies to automate a wide array of tasks:
- Recognizing products on trays in cafeterias and reducing the checkout process to mere seconds
- Individual product detection on supermarket shelves for real-time updates on inventory levels
- Performing an initial utensil count and maintaining the tracking of surgical tools in operating theaters, etc.